9 Reasons Why You Should Choose Medical Cannabis
Have You Wondered Why You Should Choose Medical Cannabis?
We’ve listed some of the benefits you’ll notice when you choose medical cannabis over adult use.
1. Physician care and treatment support
- Our physicians assess patients to develop a medical cannabis treatment plan that is tailored to your needs.
- The Greenleaf Medical Clinic will work with your healthcare team to provide the best patient care.
- Continued physician oversight.
2. A customized medical cannabis treatment plan
- Our physicians and cannabis educators will develop a customized medical cannabis treatment plan that is tailored toward improving your symptoms appropriately and safely.
3. No minimum age requirement for consumption
- There is no age restriction for medical cannabis patients. Greenleaf is one of the few medical cannabis clinics that has physicians, with expert knowledge, who will assess paediatric patients for the appropriateness of medical cannabis.
- Under the Cannabis Act, the legal age for consumption of adult-use cannabis is 19, however certain provinces have set their own age limit. **Please check the provincial cannabis laws in your province.
4. Cannabis is shipped directly to your door from a Health Canada licensed seller
- When purchasing from a Health Canada licensed seller, you are buying directly from the supplier. When you place your order, your cannabis will be shipped discreetly and directly to your residence.
5. Compassionate pricing based on income
- Some Health Canada licensed sellers offer compassionate pricing which can range from 10% – 30% off your purchase price.
- The compassionate pricing discount is dependent on your annual income. **Please note that not all licensed sellers offer compassionate pricing at this time.
- Some licensed sellers also offer special discounts to:
- First Nations
- Paediatric patients
- First responders
6. Can be consumed (mostly) anywhere
- In addition to designated areas, medical patients are extended human rights protections pertaining to medicating at home and at work.
- Recreational adult consumers are only permitted to use cannabis in designated areas where tobacco use is also allowed.
- Recreational adult consumers must abide by strict consumption laws that vary from province to province. For example, in Alberta, recreational adult consumers are not permitted to smoke or vaporize cannabis in any public area. **Medical patients are exempt from this restriction.
7. Higher possession and growing limits
- Medical cannabis patients are permitted to carry up to 150 grams.
- Recreational adult consumers may only carry up to 30 grams at any given moment.
- Medical patients are allowed to cultivate up to 25 plants. You can assign a certified grower to cultivate your cannabis supply on your behalf.
- Recreational adult consumers are only permitted to grow up to 4 plants.
8. Medical expense on taxes
- Medical cannabis, clinic fees, and vaporizers can be used as a medical expense on your taxes. **Be sure to keep all your receipts.
9. Coverage through some health benefits or health spending account
- As of right now, certain extended health insurance providers are covering medical cannabis depending on your policy. Check with your insurance provider to see if they will cover your medical cannabis.
- Your medical cannabis may be covered by your health spending account through your employer. Contact your company’s human resource department or your employer for more information.