Our membership is an uninsured service that provides patients with unlimited access to the industry and medical cannabis counsellors who provide patient guidance and support every step of the way.
Please note: your Greenleaf receipt can be used as a medical expense on your taxes.
Our membership fee is based on a sliding scale and is determined by the patient’s annual income. If the patient’s annual income is less than $30,000 and their doctor is referring them to our clinic, they are eligible for the discounted membership fee – as noted on the table below:
Clinic Membership Fees
|Income less than $30,000/yr
and referred to the clinic
|Patients under the age of 25||$150*|
Grow Your Own Membership Fees
|*Taxes will apply|
Please note that the membership fee is not a physician fee as your physician bills MSP. The fee is for unlimited cannabis counselling.
Additional Clinic Costs before taxes
Patient Letters $65.00
Missed Appointment $100.00
Providing Proficient Medical Cannabis Assessments
A Greenleaf Medical Clinic membership provides patients with:
- Unlimited access to cannabis educators
- How to navigate Health Canada’s Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR)
- Registration with a Licensed Producer that will meet both your medical and financial needs
- In-home appointments via telehealth
- Discounts on vaporizers, books, and accessories
- Demonstrations on how to vaporize the prescribed medical cannabis
- Education for nursing home support staff and/or caregivers on how to order, administer, and store the medication safely.
Patient-physician assessment will include:
- A review of your medical history and current medications
- A completed prescription for medical cannabis
- Communication with your health care providers
- Detailed instructions on how to effectively use medical cannabis through vaporization and oral applications
- Unlimited strain reviews to ensure your symptoms are improving.
Once our physician has completed the appropriate assessment and issues the required medical document, you will meet with a medical cannabis educator who will complete a medical cannabis counselling session.
During this session you will learn about:
- The Endocannabinoid System (ECS)
- The difference between major cannabinoids; tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD)
- Various strain types; Sativa, Indica and hybrid
- The difference in medical effects between strain types
- Modes of administration and duration of action; vaporization (inhalation), oral (mouth), or topical
- How to safely dose your medication
- The risks and side effects
- Regulations regarding driving and travel.
You will be provided with:
- A customized medical cannabis plan with detailed instructions on what medical cannabis to order from a Licensed Producer and how to dose the medication
- Dosing log to track the patient’s progress.
Our highly skilled educators, lead our 1 hour – group classes/workshops at our Langley location. For more information click here — Greenleaf Group Classes