Mental Health Resources
Vancouver Coastal Health offers a wide array of multidisciplinary services, activities, resources, and health care professions to adults and older adults in a variety of settings including outpatient, inpatient, and in the home.
Foundry offers young people ages 12-24 health and wellness resources, services and supports – online and through integrated service centres in eight communities across BC.
Fraser Health delivers a wide range of health care services to more than 1.8 million people living in communities stretching from Burnaby to White Rock to Hope.
HealthLink BC provides reliable health information and advice including mental health and substance use in British Columbia.
eMentalHealth.ca is a non-profit initiative of the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) dedicated to improving the mental health of children, youth and families.
BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services provide a network of services for B.C. residents across the province.
Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) is a national charity that helps maintain and improve mental health for all Canadians.
Here to help is a project of the BC Partners for mental health and substance use Information.
The BC Children’s Kelty Mental Health Resource Centre provides mental health and substance use information, resources, helps with mental health system navigation and peer support to children, youth and their families from across BC.
Coast Mental Health is a Vancouver based non-profit helping people living with mental challenges by providing housing, support services and employment and education opportunities.
Interior Health provides a wide range of mental health and substance use services, including short-term assessment and treatment, long-term programs for those with a serious and persistent mental illness, seniors’ mental health services as well as substance use prevention and treatment services.
Boreal Wellness Centres treats adults, ages 18 and older, who have a primary diagnosis of a mental health condition.
Mood Disorders Association of British Columbia (MDABC) is a nonprofit organization that provides treatment, support, education, and hope of recovery for people living with a mood disorder.
Mental Health Research
- Cannabidiol, a Cannabis sativa constituent, as an anxiolytic drug – Revista Brasileira de Psiquiatria (RBP Psychiatry)
- Antidepressant-like and anxiolytic-like effects of cannabidiol: a chemical compound of Cannabis sativa.– U.S. National Library of Medicine
- Neural basis of anxiolytic effects of cannabidiol (CBD) in generalized social anxiety disorder: a preliminary report.– U.S. National Library of Medicine
- Central anandamide deficiency predicts stress-induced anxiety: behavioral reversal through endocannabinoid augmentation – Translational Psychiatry (2014)
- Effects of Cannabidiol (CBD) on Regional Cerebral Blood – Neuropsychopharmacology (2004)
- The anxiolytic-like effects of cannabidiol injected into the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis are mediated by 5-HT1A receptors.– U.S. National Library of Medicine
- The anxiolytic effect of cannabidiol on chronically stressed mice depends on hippocampal neurogenesis: involvement of the endocannabinoid system. – International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology (2013)
- Plant-based medicines for anxiety disorders, part 2: a review of clinical studies with supporting preclinical evidence.– U.S. National Library of Medicine
- A Systematic Review of Plant-Derived Natural Compounds for Anxiety Disorders.– U.S. National Library of Medicine
- The Endocannabinoid System and Anxiety.– U.S. National Library of Medicine
- Cannabidiol regulation of emotion and emotional memory processing: relevance for treating anxiety-related and substance abuse disorders – British Journal of Pharmacology (2017)
- Effect of prior foot shock stress and Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiolic acid, and cannabidiol on anxiety-like responding in the light-dark emergence test in rats. – U.S. National Library of Medicine
- Effectiveness of Cannabidiol Oil for Pediatric Anxiety and Insomnia as Part of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: A Case Report – The Permanente Journal/Perm J 2016 Fall;20(4)
- Cannabidiol Does Not Dampen Responses to Emotional Stimuli in Healthy Adults – Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research
- Dosage, Efficacy and Safety of Cannabidiol Administration in Adults: A Systematic Review of Human Trials
- Does cannabis use modify the effect of post-traumatic stress disorder on severe depression and suicidal ideation? Evidence from a population-based cross-sectional study of Canadians
- Cannabidiol in the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder: a case series
- Short and long-term effects of cannabis on symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder