Why Medical Cannabis?
July 4, 2018
Have you wondered why you should choose medical cannabis?
We’ve listed some of the main benefits you’ll notice when you choose medical cannabis over recreational:
- Farm-to-Table from a Health Canada approved Licensed Producer
- Farm-to-Table removes the middle man, when purchasing from a Health Canada approved Licensed Producer you’re purchasing directly from the grower. Your prescription is shipped discretely directly to your door.
- Compassionate pricing based on income
- Some Health Canada approved Licensed Producers offer compassionate pricing which can range from 10%-30% off your prescription price, depending on which Licensed Producer you choose. The compassionate pricing discount is dependent on your annual income, the Licensed Producer will ask for a notice of assessment to verify. **Please note, not all Licensed Producers offer compassionate pricing at this time.
- Physician care and support
- Our Cannabis Physicians work with our patients to develop a medical cannabis plan that is tailored to each patients needs medically and financially. Our clinic offers unlimited strain reviews to ensure our patients symptoms are improving.
- Higher possession limits
- When legalization is established on October 17, 2018, recreational users will be legally allowed to carry 30grams on them at one time (equal to 1gram a day). Medical cannabis users will be legally allowed to carry their entire monthly prescription amount on them at one time.
- Medical expense on taxes
- Medical cannabis, medical cannabis clinic fees, and medical cannabis devises (vaporizers) can be written off at tax time as a medical expense. Be sure to keep all your receipts.
- Customized medical cannabis plan
- Our Cannabis Educators and our Cannabis Physicians with work with patients to develop a customized medical cannabis plan that is tailored towards improving your symptoms appropriately and safely.
- Coverage through some health benefits
- As of right now, Sun Life Assurance Co. will be covering medical cannabis. The yearly maximums for those who will be covered through Sun Life for medical cannabis range from $1,500 to $6,000 per person per year. Check with your insurance company to see if they do will be covering medical cannabis.
- Physician authorized to accommodate workplace policies
- Our physicians work with our patients to develop a medical cannabis prescription that accommodates the patients work policies – for example: CBD is usually prescribed for daytime use, while THC would be prescribed for nighttime use.