Who needs to report a loss or theft of cannabis?

Loss or theft reporting: Any losses that cannot be explained on the basis of normally accepted operations or business activities, as applicable such as manufacturer’s shortages; unexplained yield loss during manufacturing or packaging; and other unexplained loss should also be reported by a licence holder per the regulations. Registered and designated persons, pharmacists, practitioners, health care practitioners and hospitals must report any loss or theft to the CSCB after becoming aware of the loss or theft.

Reporting to the police: It is mandatory for licence holders and registered/designated person to report losses or thefts pertaining to cannabis to the police within 24 hours of the date of discovery. Pharmacist, health care practitioners, practitioners or hospitals do not need to report losses or thefts to the police.

For more information, click here.