Greenleaf Provides Physicians with Proficient
Medical Cannabis Counselling & Education
Do you have patients that could potentially benefit from an assessment for the appropriateness of medical cannabis, OR are you currently authorizing your patient(s) to use medical cannabis and need assistance with educating your patient on choosing a Health Canada Licensed Producer, registration, strain recommendations and dosing guidelines for optimal relief of symptoms?
If yes, the Greenleaf Medical Clinic will work with you and your patient to obtain optimal benefits when it comes to strain selection and dosing of their medical cannabis.
Your patient will meet with one of our Cannabis Educators who has:
- Extensive knowledge in Cannabinoids in Clinical Practice from the University of Toronto faculty of Medicine (CEPD)
- Hands on clinical experience working as an educator at the Greenleaf Medical Clinic
- Worked with thousands of patients across Canada
Your patient will learn about:
- The Endocannabinoid System (ECS)
- Difference between major cannabinoid tetrahydrocannbidol (THC) & cannabidol (CBD)
- Modes of administration and duration of action; vaporization (inhalation),oral (mouth), or topical
- Various strain types; sativa, indica and hybrid
- Differences in medical effects between strain types
- How to safely dose their medication
- Risks and side effects: adverse reactions
- Driving and travel
Your patient will be provided with:
- Information on how to use vaporizers properly or how to dose cannabis oil taken by mouth
- Detailed recommendations on what strains to order from a licensed producerand dosing guidelines
- Dosing log to track their process
As the referring physician, you will receive a letter by fax that outlines aspects of the appointment including:
- Information on the chosen licensed producer(s)
- Strain recommendations with dosing guidelines
- Follow-up appointment dates with your patient and their cannabis educator and plan update information
Patients will have the option of an in-home telehealth visit via the internet.
Telemedicine (Telehealth) is the use of electronic communication technologies in order to provide clinical health care services at a distance. This allows a patient to partake in our medical cannabis visit without being physically present at our office.